PM07 Quick Start Guide
The PM07 serves the purpose of a Power Module as well as a Power Distribution Board. It supplies regulated 5.2V to flight controller from the battery and provides current consumption and battery voltage measurements via analog signal through a 6 Pin JST-GH cable, along with integrated esc power & signal distribution for up to 8 ESCs. It is designed specifically for flight controller that do not have built-in servo header pins like the Pixhawk 6C & Pixhawk 4. It comes with pre-soldered wires, capacitor, and XT60 connector.
To power the flight controller, connect one of the PWR ports of PMB to one of the POWER port on the flight controller.
Note that the PM07 does not supply power to the servos via + and - pins of FMU PWM-OUT.
Note: CAP & ADC port does not exist in some flight controller
This diagram shows the internally connection of these ports
Note: If using a plane or rover, the 8 pin power (+) rail of FMU PWM-OUT will need to be separately powered in order to drive servos for rudders, elevons etc.
To do this, the power rail needs to be connected to a BEC equipped ESC or a standalone 5V BEC or a 2S LiPo battery.
- Depending on your airframe type, refer to Airframe Reference to connect I/O PWM OUT and FMU PWM OUT ports of FC to PM board.
- MAIN outputs in PX4 firmware map to I/O PWM OUT port whereas AUX outputs map to FMU PWM OUT. For example,
- MAIN1 maps to IO_CH1 pin of I/O PWM OUT and AUX1 maps to FMU_CH1 pin of FMU PWM OUT. FMU PWM-IN of PM board is internally connected to FMU PWM-OUT, which is used to drive servos (e.g. aileron, elevator, rudder, elevon, gear, flaps, gimbal, steering). I/O PWM-IN of PM board is internally connected to M1-8, which is used to drive motors (e.g. throttle in Plane, VTOL and Rover).
The following table summarizes how to connect your Flight Controller's PWM OUT ports to PMB’s PWM-IN ports, depending on the PX4 Airframe Reference. You can find this reference online in PX4 User guide.
PX4 Airframe Reference
Connection between FC --> PM07
I/O PWM OUT --> I/O PWM IN
I/O PWM OUT --> FMU PWM IN
FMU PWM OUT --> I/O PWM IN
FMU PWM OUT --> FMU PWM IN
The pinout of Pixhawk 4 & 6C ’s power ports is shown below. The CURRENT signal should carry an analog voltage from 0-3.3V for 0-120A as default. The VOLTAGE signal should carry an analog voltage from 0-3.3V for 0-60A as default. The VCC lines have to offer at least 3A continuous and should default to 5.1V. A lower voltage of 5V is still acceptable, but discouraged.
Power 1, Power 2 port
- PCB Cont. Current Rating: 90A PCB
- Burst Current Rating: 140A (<60 Sec)
- Max Current Sensing: 120A
- 5V Output current :3A
- Input Battery : 2~12S
- Dimensions:68*50*10 mm
- Mounting Holes:45*45mm
- Weight: 40.3g
The XT60 plug and 12AWG wire that PM07 comes with is rated for 30A continuous current
and 60A instantaneous current (<1 minute). If a higher current is being used, the plug type and wire size should be changed accordingly. Refer to Connector & Wire Rating