The PX4 Vision Autonomy Development Kit is a robust and inexpensive kit for enabling computer vision development on autonomous vehicles.
The kit contains a near-ready-to-fly carbon-fiber quadcopter equipped with a Pixhawk 4 flight controller, a UP Core companion computer (4GB memory & 64GB eMMC), and a Occipital Structure Core depth camera sensor.
- Core Components:
- 1x PMW3901 optical flow sensor (Thone ThoneFlow-3901U, connected via Telem3 Serial Port)
- 1x TOF Infrared distance sensor (PSK‐CM8JL65‐CC5, connected via GPS 2 Port)
- 1x Structure Core depth camera
- 160 deg wide vision camera
- Stereo infrared cameras
- Onboard IMU
- Powerful NU3000 Multi-core depth Processor
- 1x UP Core computer (4GB memory & 64GB eMMC with Ubuntu and PX4 avoidance)
- Intel® Atom™ x5-z8350 (up to 1.92 GHz)
- Compatible OS: Microsoft Windows 10 full version, Linux (ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto), Android
- FTDI UART connected to flight controller
USB1: USB3.0 A port used for booting PX4 avoidance environment from a USB2.0 stick (connecting a USB3.0 peripheral may jam GPS).
USB2: USB2.0 port on a JST-GH connector. Can be used for second camera, LTE, etc. (or keyboard/mouse during development).
USB3: USB2.0 JST-GH port connected to depth camera
HDMI: HDMI out
- SD card slot
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz (attached to external antenna #1). Allows computer to access home WiFi network for Internet access/updates.
- Mechanical Specification:
- Frame: Full 5mm 3k carbon fiber twill
- Motors: T-MOTOR KV1750
- ESC: BEHEli-S 20A ESC
- Propellers: Gemfan 6030-3 (New with v1.5)
- GPS: Pixhawk4 GPS module
- Power module: Holybro PM07
- Wheelbase: 286mm
- Weight: 854 grams without battery or props
- Telemetry: ESP8266 connected to flight controller (attached to external antenna #2). Enables wireless connection to the ground station.
- Assorted cables, 8x propellers, 2x battery straps (installed) and other accessories (these can be used to attach additional peripherals).
- Propeller Guard (Purchased Separately)