The PX4 Vision Autonomy Development Kit is a robust and inexpensive kit for enabling computer vision development on autonomous vehicles.
PX4 Vision Dev Kit v1.5 ships with Pixhawk 6C Flight Controller
The kit contains a near-ready-to-fly carbon-fiber quadcopter equipped with a Pixhawk 4 flight controller, a UP Core companion computer (4GB memory & 64GB eMMC), and a Occipital Structure Core depth camera sensor.
This vehicle comes with no pre-installed software. A pre-imaged USB stick that contains a reference implementation of the PX4/PX4-Avoidance local planner software is provided by Auterion. This software provides only a very basic example of what you can do with the PX4 Vision Autonomy Kit. Developers can use the kit to try out other features provided by the PX4 Avoidance project, modify the existing code, or experiment with completely new computer vision-based functionality.
- Core Components:
- 1x PMW3901 optical flow sensor (Thone ThoneFlow-3901U, connected via Telem3 Serial Port)
- 1x TOF Infrared distance sensor (PSK‐CM8JL65‐CC5, connected via GPS 2 Port)
- 1x Structure Core depth camera
- 160 deg wide vision camera
- Stereo infrared cameras
- Onboard IMU
- Powerful NU3000 Multi-core depth Processor
- 1x UP Core computer (4GB memory & 64GB eMMC with Ubuntu and PX4 avoidance)
- Intel® Atom™ x5-z8350 (up to 1.92 GHz)
- Compatible OS: Microsoft Windows 10 full version, Linux (ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto), Android
- FTDI UART connected to flight controller
USB1: USB3.0 A port used for booting PX4 avoidance environment from a USB2.0 stick (connecting a USB3.0 peripheral may jam GPS).
USB2: USB2.0 port on a JST-GH connector. Can be used for second camera, LTE, etc. (or keyboard/mouse during development).
USB3: USB2.0 JST-GH port connected to depth camera
HDMI: HDMI out
- SD card slot
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz (attached to external antenna #1). Allows computer to access home WiFi network for Internet access/updates.
- Mechanical Specification:
- Frame: Full 5mm 3k carbon fiber twill
- Motors: T-MOTOR KV1750
- ESC: BEHEli-S 20A ESC
- Propellers: Gemfan 6030-3 (New with v1.5)
- GPS: Pixhawk4 GPS module
- Power module: Holybro PM07
- Wheelbase: 286mm
- Weight: 854 grams without battery or props
- Telemetry: ESP8266 connected to flight controller (attached to external antenna #2). Enables wireless connection to the ground station.
- A USB2.0 stick with pre-flashed software provided by Auterion that bundles:
- Assorted cables, 8x propellers, 2x battery straps (installed) and other accessories (these can be used to attach additional peripherals).
- Propeller Guard (Purchased Separately)